Good parents want their kids to stay out of trouble, do well in school, and go on to do awesome things as adults. And while there isn’t a set recipe for raising successful children, psychology research has pointed to a handful of factors that predict success.
Unsurprisingly, much of it comes down to the parents. Here’s what parents of successful kids have in common:
1. They make their kids do chores
2. They teach their kids social skills
3. They hold high but reasonable expectations of their kids
4. They have healthy relationships with their kids (have fun!)
5. They encourage higher education
6. They teach their kids math at an early age
7. They encourage effort over fear of failure
Raising children isn’t for the faint at heart, but the challenge is one well worth taking and the rewards are measureless!